Terms and Conditions
Late Notice Policy:Late Notice Policy:
Weekday Late Notice Requests: Any request for services on the next business day will be subject to a $15 late notice fee. (For example, if you submit a request at anytime on a Tuesday, for service at anytime on the next day, Wednesday, that would be subject to a weekday late notice fee)
Weekend Late Notice Requests: If you submit a request on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, for services that take place anytime that Friday and before 9am the following Monday, the late notice fee will be $25. (For example, if you submit a request at 12pm on Friday for a visit the next day, Saturday, that is subject to a weekend late notice fee. If you email in on a Sunday to request services for that Thursday, that is not a late notice request)
Payment:Payment We reserve the right to discontinue service if payments are not made as scheduled. We accept cash and check only. There is a $40 fee for returned checks.
- New Clients: 100% deposit due before service.
- Existing Clients: 100% of the payment is due upon completion of services.
Cancellation Policy:Cancellation Policy In order to receive a full refund you must meet the following requirements:
- Dog Walking: You must call before 9am on day of service
- Pet Sitting: 24 hour advanced notice
- Overnight Stays: 24 hour advanced notice
Failure to meet these conditions will result in a 50% charge. Failure to notify us prior to your arrival window starting will result in a 100% charge.
Adding Appointment Policy:Adding Appointment Policu Please allow as much time for additional scheduling visits as possible. Last minute requests maybe scheduled, but are not always guaranteed. You can schedule by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling/texting (571-969-5717). An email confirmation will always be sent for your records.
Holidays:Holidays There will be an additional $25 charge for peak holiday periods including: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. *Regular daily walks do not occur on holidays, unless separately scheduled.
Inclement Weather General Information:Inclement Weather General Information
1) During inclement weather, if your walks or visits are not essential OR you are changing your plans to stay in town or stay home from work, please let us know so we can make other arrangements.
2) If you are out of town and have an alternative caregiver close by, please make arrangements to have them on-call to care for your pets. Note that in order to make emergency arrangements, we need their contact number. Due to inclement weather, if it is not safe to travel to your home, we will contact your alternative caregiver to begin caring for your pets. When this happens, we will send you an email notification.
3) If you are out of town and have no alternative caregivers, we will contact you to work with you on a plan to care for your pets.
Inclement Weather Policy for Dog Walking Clients:Inclement Weather Policy for Dog Walking Clients
We post WALK or NO WALK status on the following communications when inclement/bad weather is expected. The notifications are posted on the Doodlebug Dog Walker Facebook page.
- If yes, we are providing WALKS, and you will be staying home that day OR your company is closed, please email email@example.com or text/call 571-969-5717 by 9 a.m. so we may make accommodations.
- If you live in an area where our walker cannot reach your home safely, because of poor road conditions, service will not be provided. You will receive an email notification if this happens.
- If it takes our walker additional time to reach your home due to road issues, lack of cleared access area, etc, the additional time will be counted as part of your walking time. If this happens, we will notify you within 12 hours via email. Example: If it normally takes a walker 15 minutes to reach your home and because of snow and ice, it takes the walker 30 minutes to reach your home, your visit will be shortened by 15 minutes to make up the difference in driving time. Your animal will still get the potty break they need. This policy is the only way our walkers can keep on schedule when bad weather strikes to ensure all of our clients at least get a 10-15 minute potty break on these challenging days.
- Option One: During inclement weather, our policies require a local resource (friend or neighbor) as a point of contact we can call if inclement weather threatens our ability to service your pet while we are pet sitting. If this happens, we will pass off care of the animal until our pet sitters can safely resume servicing your home. Should this be the case, you will be notified via email at the address we have on file for you.
- Option Two: Alternatively, when possible (determined by our dog sitter availability) we can provide round the clock service, and stay in your home at a rate of $180 per day, until it is safe for our walker to resume going to and from your home as scheduled.