Doodlebug Dog Walker
Proven Pet Care Since 2007
******DUE THE WEATHER, DOODLEBUG DOG WALKER WILL BE CLOSED ON MONDAY JANUARY 17TH************
After watching the snow turn to ice and show no signs of slowing down, we have made the decision to close tomorrow, Monday January 17th to allow plenty of time for roads to be adequately cleared. It is always a difficult decision to make, but given the federal holiday, I sincerely hope this has minimal negative impact on you and your furbabies. I trust we will be all set to resume service as normal on Tuesday the 18th and thank you for your patience and understanding in what is already a much more aggressive winter than we are used to! Stay warm and safe!
• Based on the limited information available to date, the risk of animals spreading COVID-19 to people is considered to be low.
• Although we know certain bacteria and fungi can be carried on fur and hair, there is no evidence that viruses, including the virus that causes COVID-19, can spread to people from the skin, fur, or hair of pets.
Changes to Doodlebug Procedures
• All new clients will have their consultation conducted via Google Meet conference.
• Doodlebug Office staff will still be conducting unannounced quality control checks on our staff during walks. At these sessions our leadership team will observe walkers to ensure proper procedures are being followed, but will follow up remotely with both kudos and suggestions for improvement.
• We are providing our walkers with masks and strongly encouraging them to be worn during visits.
Clients, Please Help Do Your Part!
• If you or any of your household members are diagnosed with COVID-19 or have symptoms; please contact our office immediately to pause service and so we can alert your walker.
• If you have any issues or concerns about service; we ask that you not talk to your walker directly. Contact us either through the Time to Pet app or via email, and if needed we will arrange a call or Google Meet conference to address your concerns.
• Please disinfect the surfaces you know your dog walker will touch. Door knobs, counter tops, leashes, etc. This is for the safety and wellbeing of our clients and our dog walkers.
Doodlebug Real Time Check In Notifications
Your dog walker / pet sitter will use an app to checkin at the start and completion of your visit. The app collects the GPS location of the walker at checkin and checkout and sends a visit summary via email. So you can relax knowing that your dog walker / pet sitter has visited your home, as well as the times of your visit!
Our Service Area
Doodlebug Dog Walker services are available in both Prince William and western Fairfax County. See below for a complete listing of our service area.
- Fair Lakes
- Lake Ridge
- Manassas City